Delaware State Police have arrested 19-year-old Dyquan Snead of Harrington, DE following a traffic stop that occurred on Thursday night.
On April 21st, 2022 at approximately 11:45 p.m., a trooper on patrol in the Lewes, DE area observed a white Nissan Altima traveling northbound on Coastal Highway in the area of Nassau Road. A computer inquiry of the vehicle’s registration revealed that the owner of the Altima, who was listed as Dyquan Snead, had a suspended driver’s license and an active warrant for his arrest. The trooper confirmed Snead was the operator, and a traffic stop was initiated. Upon contacting Snead, a strong odor of marijuana was detected emitting from the vehicle’s interior. Snead was taken into custody without incident, and a subsequent search of the Altima led to the discovery of approximately 90.19 grams of marijuana, drug paraphernalia, over $380 in suspected drug proceeds, and a Smith & Wesson handgun with an obliterated serial number.
Snead was transported to Troop 7 and charged with the following offenses:
- Possession With Intent to Deliver a Controlled Substance (Felony)
- Possession of a Firearm While Possessing a Controlled Substance (Felony)
- Possession of a Firearm During the Commission of a Felony (Felony)
- Possession of a Weapon With an Obliterated Serial Number (Felony)
- Carrying a Concealed Deadly Weapon (Felony)
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia – 2 counts
- Driving While Suspended or Revoked
- Failure to Have Insurance Identification in Possession
Snead was arraigned by Justice of the Peace Court # 3 and committed to Sussex Correctional Institution on $70,500 cash bond.