A Laurel man is facing several drugs and weapons charges after he was pulled over for a tinted windows violation.
Seaford Police say 44-year-old Carlo Munoz-Barreto was stopped in the area of South Market Street on Sunday evening. The officer spotted a handgun in a door pocket when the door opened, prompting the officer to make an arrest. A further search of the suspect’s vehicle uncovered 58 grams of cocaine, 10 bags of heroin, 519 grams of marijuana, 49 prescription pills, drug paraphernalia, a rifle, ammunition, and over $2,800 in drug proceeds.
Munoz-Barreto faces several charges, including:
• Possession of a Firearm during the Commission of a Felony (Felony)
• Possession of a Deadly Weapon by a person prohibited who also possessed Controlled Substances (Felony) – 3 counts
• Carrying a Concealed Deadly Weapon (Felony)
• Manufacture/Deliver/ PWID Controlled Substance (Felony) – 2 counts
• Possession of a Controlled Substance (Felony) – 2 counts
• Possess Consume any Prescription drug, not a controlled substance (Misdemeanor) – 8 counts
• Possess Consume a Controlled or Counterfeit Substance except for Human Growth Hormone without a
• Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Not related to personal use quantity Marijuana or Person Under 18
• Operating a vehicle with improper Window Tinting
He was also wanted on a Delaware State Police warrant for a theft charge as well.
Munoz-Barreto was arraigned and lodged to SCI on $139,850 cash bond.