The Delaware State Police have arrested 43-year-old Lenell Abbott of Dover, Delaware on several felony gun and drug charges following an investigation that began Thursday evening.
On May 4, 2023, at approximately 10:23 p.m., troopers responded to a residence on Cathy Avenue in Dover after the homeowner reported that his house had been struck by gunfire. Troopers discovered that a 13-year-old boy had been in his bedroom earlier that day when a bullet went through his wall. The boy was not injured, and troopers were able to trace the bullet’s trajectory back to the neighboring residence. Detectives contacted the neighbor, identified as Lenell Abbott, and learned that Abbott had accidentally fired a handgun through his kitchen window.
Computer checks of Abbott revealed that he is a convicted felon prohibited from possessing firearms and/or ammunition. Detectives executed a search warrant at Abbott’s home and found two more handguns, two boxes of ammunition, approximately 34.61 grams of crack cocaine, approximately 15.32 grams of powder cocaine, and over $7,500 in suspected drug dealing proceeds.
Abbott was taken to Troop 3 and charged with the following crimes:
- Possession of a Controlled Substance in a Tier 3 Quantity (Felony)
- Possession With Intent to Deliver a Controlled Substance in a Tier 2 Quantity (Felony)
- Possession of a Firearm by a Person Prohibited (Felony) – 3 counts
- Possession With Intent to Deliver a Controlled Substance (Felony)
- Reckless Endangering First Degree (Felony)
- Criminal Mischief
Abbott was arraigned by Justice of the Peace Court 2 and released on $27,700 unsecured bond.