Frederica, DE- Delaware State Police arrested a 17-year-old male from Frederica on numerous criminal charges in connection to burglaries and thefts in the Frederica area.
In November 2021, Delaware State Police Detectives began investigating numerous burglaries and thefts from motor vehicles in the High Point Mobile Home Park, Barkers Landing Mobile Home Park, East Bay Point and Barkers Choice communities. On November 27, 2021, troopers were investigating a theft from a motor vehicle when the 17-year-old male was developed as a suspect. Through investigative measures, the juvenile was identified as the suspect involved in the previous incidents. He was taken into custody and transported to Delaware State Police Troop 3 and charged with the following crimes:
- Possession of a Firearm During the Commission of a Felony (Felony)
- Possession of a Firearm by a Person Prohibited (Felony)
- Burglary Second Degree (Felony)
- Burglary Third Degree (Felony)
- Theft of a Firearm (Felony)
- Attempted Theft Under $1500 victim 62 yrs or Older (Felony)
- Criminal Mischief Over $5000 (Felony)
- Criminal Mischief Under $1000
- 13 counts- Theft Under $1500
- 5 Counts- Attempted Theft Under $1500 Under $1500
- 15 Counts- Criminal Trespass 3rd
He was arraigned in the Justice of the Peace Court and committed to Stevenson House.
This case remains an active and ongoing investigation. Anyone who lives in these Frederica communities and believe they were a victim in one of these incidents but did not make a police report, are asked to contact Detective Jason Sydnor at 302-698-8426 or email@example.com.