The Delaware State Police have arrested 33-year-old Mikkail Stephens of Georgetown, Delaware on drug dealing and gun charges following a traffic stop that occurred in Lewes early this morning.
On March 12, 2023, at approximately 1:17 a.m., a trooper on patrol observed a silver 2003 Cadillac DeVille traveling westbound on Lewes Georgetown Highway in the area of Minos Conaway Road. The DeVille began swerving on the road and crossed over its lane of travel. The trooper stopped the sedan and contacted the driver, identified as Mikkail Stephens. Stephens displayed signs of impairment, and he was subsequently taken into custody for DUI. An inventory search of the car led to the discovery of a concealed handgun, approximately 260.76 grams of marijuana, drug paraphernalia, and over $700 in suspected drug dealing proceeds. A computer check showed that the handgun had been reported as stolen by Delaware State Police Troop 3 in October 2020.
Stephens was taken to Troop 7 and charged with the following crimes:
- Possession of a Firearm During the Commission of a Felony (Felony)
- Possession With Intent to Deliver a Controlled Substance (Felony)
- Carrying a Concealed Firearm (Felony)
- Receiving a Stolen Firearm (Felony)
- Driving Under the Influence
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Failure to Drive in Designated Lane
Stephens was arraigned by Justice of the Peace Court 3 and committed to Sussex Correctional Institution on $54,502 cash bond.